Selling Your Property
If you are selling a property in Spain: as a non-resident or resident vendor in Spain it is not a legal requirement to appoint a lawyer or representative to act on your behalf.
However, sometimes it is advisable to have some help in ensuring that the process and paperwork that is required prior to point of sale is completed correctly, that the funds you receive are calculated fairly, and all contracts and procedures are adhered to. Also, to confirm that once the property is sold, your name is removed from all official registries, utility companies etc and that the “plus valia” tax (incremented land value tax), which is retained on sale by the purchaser, is paid to the municipal authority on your behalf.
At The Experience Group our conveyancing department has been involved in and represented thousands of vendors in this procedure and we can offer you advice on the negotiating of a sale, through to accompanying and translating for you at the signing of the title deed. For a minimal fee, we can represent you throughout this procedure and ensure that you understand all your obligations as a vendor and your rights.
Copies of the following documents must be provided to the vendor and the notary office on sale:
- Title Deed of the Property “Escritura”
- Passports of all title holders of the property
- NIE (foreigners identity number) for all title holders of the property (if you do not have one you must apply for one before sale, we will advise you on the necessary steps)
- Current electricity bill
- Current water bill
- Community – Original Certificate showing clear of debt signed by the Community President and administrator
- Current year´s IBI (townhall rates) bill.
- Current year´s Rubbish bill “Basura”
- Copies of any other utility bills (telephone, gas, etc)
- CEE Energy Certificate
- First Occupation Licence or if not available Certificate of Urban Infractions issued by the town hall
If you would like further information on our CONVEYANCING services, or wish to be recommended an English speaking Spanish lawyer to act on your behalf please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Property sales and purchase, conveyance, wills, fiscal advice, valuations, car hire, mortgages.
- We offer the above services to our valued clients, backed up by our 30 years of experience on the coast.
- If you would like further information on our Management & letting services, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- WE HAVE TENANTS WAITING FOR PROPERTIES, so please email us if you wish us to add your property to our rental listings.